Modern Art Diastar

in Everything Vintage RADO 17.07.2012 17:38
von Henry Krinkle | 60 Beiträge

I don't know if you'd seen this yet Mike here is the infamous Diastar 8 including a wrist shot as per your request:

The cleanest, best AS 1876 I've ever come across. It runs and functions perfectly.

I've mounted it on a nice 7 row.

Hard at work in the yard.

nach oben springen

RE: Modern Art Diastar

in Everything Vintage RADO 17.07.2012 21:08
von mike184 | 149 Beiträge

Hi Henry!

Also for me one of the cleanest and nicest AS 1876s I´ve ever seen. The watch was sold in the USA originally, the movement still wears the "UOR"-mark, Rado´s US import code.
Looks very exclusive without the TC-shield, it has character, especially with the fine 7-row NSA - actually to nice for the yardwork.
Surely the first choice if you like to visit the Documenta.

Mit freundlichem Gruß/With best regards
Mike
zuletzt bearbeitet 17.07.2012 21:09 | nach oben springen

in Everything Vintage RADO 17.07.2012 21:59

Hi Mike,

Yes this DS 8 was sold in the US. The woman who I bought the GP Manhattan from gave me this one. She told me her father had been a Rado AD in New York. He wore his watches a lot and even though they really got battered on the outside if the two I got are any indication he knew a really good serviceman and had them serviced regularly.

I believe I won another Diamaster 10 for next to nothing. If the movement is in rough shape I think this will become a donor.

I just got another, nicer, older Diastar last weekend as well as that SS Marco Polo I won recently. I have had a string of good luck since I sent the Manhattan I bought for Cindy back.

nach oben springen

in Everything Vintage RADO 17.07.2012 22:09

Hi Henry!

I´m just back from a 2 weeks´ holiday in Egypt so haven´t seen the recent posts at EOT before it went down again.
Would be interesting to see the Marco Polo - that´s one of the Rados still being on my wishlist.
A DiaMaster for next to nothing? Sounds interesting. Black or white?

Mike
zuletzt bearbeitet 17.07.2012 22:10 | nach oben springen

in Everything Vintage RADO 17.07.2012 22:41

The Marco Polo is an SS, Date at 3:00. It's a nice contrast to my GP day/date at 6:00. I'll post some pictures. It looks all original and came on a 7 row and cost less than $90.

The Diastar 2 is Peter's old one.

The Diamaster may be black, or blue. The dial has faded to greenish. The lightweight fishtail needs rebrushing but the case looks much nicer than the one I bought from Brad. It cost me $76!

nach oben springen

in Everything Vintage RADO 19.07.2012 21:28

76 US$ for a DiaMaster with fishtail? Unbelievable!!!

Mike
nach oben springen

in Everything Vintage RADO 19.07.2012 23:55

I have to be honest Mike, $76 US is a bit inaccurate. In truth it cost me almost $77 US. I have never seen another go for less than $300 or so.

It's hard to tell from the photgraph whether the fishtail is poor enough that I will need to polish it before rebrushing or the picture was taken from the most unflattering angle. Either way doesn't matter to me, it's complete and the case is nicer than my other Diamaster.

zuletzt bearbeitet 19.07.2012 23:56 | nach oben springen

in Everything Vintage RADO 20.07.2012 00:04

What´s wrong with your other case?

Mike
nach oben springen

in Everything Vintage RADO 20.07.2012 00:10

It has some dark marks on it that will not come off. It looks a bit like some of those Balboas you see with the dark grey staining.

nach oben springen

in Everything Vintage RADO 20.07.2012 01:01

I still have a NOS-case for my DM 10. As soon as it´s changed, the old case can go.
The old case, as you can see, has some small marks on the upper edges, nearly not to see in real life. Maybe it´s better than yours, so let me know, if you´re interested.

Mike
nach oben springen

in Everything Vintage RADO 20.07.2012 16:51

I'm not sure if mine is worse or not. I'll take a comparison picture of it.

nach oben springen

in Everything Vintage RADO 22.07.2012 09:24
von earloffarnborough | 2 Beiträge

Hello Mike,
I have a Dia10 with fishtail bracelet, but the day-wheel is french.
Do you have a day-wheel in German or English, or do you know where I could get one?
Have a nice Sunday all, regards
Peter

nach oben springen

in Everything Vintage RADO 22.07.2012 10:58
von pimpclinic.v.s.o.p. | 10 Beiträge

hello peter,
im pretty sure i´ve got some NOS german day wheels. let me check my little movement parts box at work, will let you know whats in it on monday!
greetings,

nach oben springen

in Everything Vintage RADO 22.07.2012 10:59
von pimpclinic.v.s.o.p. | 10 Beiträge

hey mike, did you buy your NOR case at yahoo japan ? i remember seeing on over there with some pink secure laque on the caseback.
cheers,

nach oben springen

in Everything Vintage RADO 22.07.2012 15:09

Hi!

@Peter - sorry, no day wheel here, but nice that you can get one from Marcus. I tried a fishtail on my DiaMaster but found the NSA better matching the edged case.

@Marcus - yes, it´s from yahoo.jp, must be 1 year or so ago - when Abidko still was functional.

Mike
zuletzt bearbeitet 22.07.2012 15:12 | nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: John Martin
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 101 Themen und 387 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: