Well only 6 years old......

in RADOs of today 10.08.2012 20:40
von RadoFan | 52 Beiträge

I have 6 vintage Rado's now and I think I'm happy with that. Think in the future I'll be collecting the more modern ones i.e < 10 yrs old. Heres my first modern Rado. A Rado Diastar R12637203.

nach oben springen

RE: Well only 6 years old......

in RADOs of today 11.08.2012 14:35
von mike184 | 149 Beiträge

Very nice!
I nearly had bought the same model with black dial, but the seller at WUS didn´t answer and a few days later it was marked as sold.
I like the clear dial design with the moving anchor logo above the "6".
The original DiaStar exists for 50 years now and must be the best sold watchmodel of the world with the same case design. It´s amazing to see the incredible variety of dial designs it received over the years.
I had expected a special edition to it´s 50th anniversary - maybe it still comes.

Mit freundlichem Gruß/With best regards
Mike
zuletzt bearbeitet 11.08.2012 14:35 | nach oben springen

in RADOs of today 11.08.2012 15:09
von RadoFan | 52 Beiträge

Its my first modern automatic and I must say so far I am impressed! Its keeping quartz-like time so far! :)

I only started collecting around 6 months ago and I Facebook friend of mine who is a watch collector told me to avoid black dials!? I never asked him why! Have you ever heard this one about avoiding black dials Mike?

nach oben springen

in RADOs of today 11.08.2012 17:03
von Henry Krinkle | 60 Beiträge

Nice. I really like that dial variant. I have two "modern" Diastars, both 2002 Limited Editions.

40 Years Diastar XL, limited to 300 watches

Diastar 40 Chronometer, limited to 600 pieces.

Size comparison of the two.

zuletzt bearbeitet 11.08.2012 17:06 | nach oben springen

in RADOs of today 12.08.2012 00:27

Hi!

@Henry - always nice to see your LE-DiaStars! Great watches and great pics! I really should take the time to take some better pics of some of my Rados - my equipment is definitely good enough but nearly all of my pics are uninspired quickshots.
The size difference between the "normal" and the XL case is bigger than I thought.

@RadoFan - I love black dials and I don´t have any idea why you should avoid them. Black dials are not more damageable than others, it´s the wrong way round: Even my oldest Rados from WWII, 1943/44 are still black. White or blue dials more tend to change their colour under the influence of UV-rays. White dials often tend to get yellowish, blue dials tend to bleech. Henry owns a nice 1970s´ DiaMaster/DiaStar 10 with an ex-blue dial, which is grey now. I own an NCC 101 with blue dial - it´s still blue, but you see a large difference to the original colour when the dial is disassembled and you compare to the frame being covered by the case.
Here´s a pic of my end of 1970s´ DiaStar Quartz with black dial - still as black as it could be(though it looks lighter on this pic through the reflections of the sapphire crystal):

Mike
zuletzt bearbeitet 12.08.2012 22:56 | nach oben springen

in RADOs of today 12.08.2012 01:57
von Henry Krinkle | 60 Beiträge

Mike- you really should take some new pictures. You've got some very nice and uncommon pieces.

nach oben springen

in RADOs of today 17.08.2012 11:33

I definitely haven´t time at the moment, but I will do.

Mike
nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: John Martin
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 101 Themen und 387 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: