Greetings...

in Everything Vintage RADO 19.07.2012 09:43
von pimpclinic.v.s.o.p.

hello EOT´s and hello mike,
nice to find a temporary new home for all rado lovers who can´t exist without sharing the RADO passion!
every day im trying to enter our regular site without any success, so im gonna miss it more and more.
hope they will fix it soon without loosing the useful information we all provided over the years !!!
so, whats new ?
finally i found my holy grail, searched for it about 3 years now. only a single NOS model have been shown in the http://uhrforum.de/certina-ds-diamaster-stimmgabel-t37250www, found by a german watch collector.
Im talking about the incredible
Certina/Rado Diamaster C-Tronic DayDate model.
The pics he provided back in the day captured my eyes and really wanted one. last week a german ebay seller sold this piece with a different Diastar case and i won it for a very reasonable price.
every part of the watch is original, but in used condition. The case looks great, also the incredible shiny blue dial is pristine, only the massive NSA bracelet is worn. Will try to gget another one... The movement looked great but the index wheel (with the 300 teeth´s has been destroyed), did replace the whole tuning fork module. also the battery was discharged (the information on the battery says: made in WEST Germany...lol)
some first pics:

greetings,

nach oben springen

RE: Greetings...

in Everything Vintage RADO 19.07.2012 21:18
von mike184 | 149 Beiträge

Congrats, Marcus!

This is an amazing find and for me one of the nicest DiaStars ever. Rado or Rado/Certina - who cares?
The battery definitely seems to have waited a long time for it´s replacement.
Sometimes it takes years to find a special model at a reasonable price - for me it´s been the DiaMaster 10, the Satellite and my Certina DiaMaster/DiaStar 505. Reminds me to the famous three rules for vintage collectors: 1. patience, 2. patience and 3. patience.

Mit freundlichem Gruß/With best regards
Mike
nach oben springen

in Everything Vintage RADO 19.07.2012 22:57
von pimpclinic.v.s.o.p. | 10 Beiträge

definitely, mike. this makes it so interesting to collect watches or different things. you gotta sit back and keeping the desired item in mind. there will be the day...
the galery pic:

and one spacey pic for you, mike (thanks for this little exile forum ;)

greetings,

nach oben springen

in Everything Vintage RADO 19.07.2012 23:51
von mike184 | 149 Beiträge

Terrific - and even with German day ...

Mit freundlichem Gruß/With best regards
Mike
nach oben springen

in Everything Vintage RADO 20.07.2012 00:01
von Henry Krinkle | 60 Beiträge

Greetings Pimp,

Fantastic! That is wonderful! A Certina "Electrosonic Diastar" I love that faceted crystal. That is a beauty. What's next on your wish list?

I am not surprised about the condition of that bracelet. I have at least one Rado and three Louis Rossel's with it and most of them show some wear. I think it has more flat surfaces than most NSAs and I think that may be why it ages worse than others. I love thme though- big, chunky and comfortable.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: John Martin
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 101 Themen und 387 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: