Do you collect\own any other brands??

in Smalltalk - OT 18.08.2012 20:55
von RadoFan | 52 Beiträge

Do you own any other watches other than Rado? Or do you have any dream watch that you'd love to own.
I want a watch with the Zenith el primero movement. Hard to get a decent one for less that 2000euros. But one day! ;)

nach oben springen

RE: Do you collect\own any other brands??

in Smalltalk - OT 20.08.2012 04:43
von Henry Krinkle | 60 Beiträge

I also collect Louis Rossels. They are the only brand that could regularly make Rado look tame.

nach oben springen

in Smalltalk - OT 20.08.2012 19:14

Had to google the brand Henry as to be honest I've never heard of them :) You are right some unusual watches! Also not too many on ebay so I guess quite rare!?

nach oben springen

in Smalltalk - OT 21.08.2012 05:08
von Henry Krinkle | 60 Beiträge

I did a Google search as well. Some of the images you found may be some of my watches. I also saw Mikes LR.

There is very little known about Louis Rossel. They seem to have sold watches starting in the mid to late sixties and possibly continuing to the end of the eighties. I saw an LR diver with papers that was sold late in 1989. They seem to have been a design house. Some of their early watches are a bit suspect; low jewel count movements, and steel plated brass cases. Early in the seventies they made a big jump in quality and by the late seventies they were building watches with sapphire crystals and shortly after that TC cases as well. The movements may not have been as fancy as Rados but they used high jewel count ETAs , usually 2836s or 2892s. The build quality was comparable to Rado and I have found them to be almost bulletproof.

Here are a few of mine:

One of my wife's:

zuletzt bearbeitet 21.08.2012 05:10 | nach oben springen

in Smalltalk - OT 21.08.2012 20:33

Some very nice pieces there Henry! I agree very much on the Rado line! :)

nach oben springen

in Smalltalk - OT 25.08.2012 12:51
von mike184 | 149 Beiträge

Hi!

Nice to see Henry´s LRs all together, the best one is the sex-watch.
He gave a good summary of all we know about Louis Rossel. I own two LRs, one like Henry´s TC cushion and an older diver with AS-movement(but already inner the "high-quality-era"):

I also own some German vintages after WWII, a few Titoni/Felca and some others, I simply find attractive. Some examples:

Hercules, Henzi & Pfaff, HPP 102, ca. 1949

Titoni Airmaster, ETA 2783

Titoni Space Star

Felca Airmaster

Felca Texa

Octo Lakemaster

Mit freundlichem Gruß/With best regards
Mike
nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: John Martin
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 101 Themen und 387 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: