A new house of my babies! :)

in Everything Vintage RADO 13.08.2012 23:43
von RadoFan | 52 Beiträge

Got a new winder. Still don't know how much to use it? i.e. do I leave it on all the time as some people say or run it just one day a month as others say!!??

nach oben springen

RE: A new house of my babies! :)

in Everything Vintage RADO 14.08.2012 00:14
von mike184 | 149 Beiträge

WOW, looks impressive! Nice house for your watches!
One day a month? How stupid! You can save the money then.
The function of a winder is to wind automatic watches. You surely don´t need to let it move all day and night, it certainly has a timer and a presetting. So you can program it to run 10 h a day and bidirectional moving, should be enough to keep the watches winded.

Mit freundlichem Gruß/With best regards
Mike
nach oben springen

in Everything Vintage RADO 14.08.2012 00:20

I see some people on the forums saying is wears the watches Mike! But is can't wear them more than actually wearing the wear surely! I have it on the lowest setting i.e 650 turns a day and so far thats keeping the watches winded!

nach oben springen

in Everything Vintage RADO 14.08.2012 00:46
von mike184 | 149 Beiträge

Yes, of course it wears them, the movement is running as if you wear the watch all time. But putting them in a drawer doesn´t save a service after some years, it´s the oil which must be replaced. It´s a personal decision to use a winder or not. Some experts say the abrasive wear is too much, other experts say it´s better for the movement to stay in motion.
Some people wear their one and only watch for decades without problems, so for a Swiss movement of high quality and in good condition, with enough oil in the bearings, it shouldn´t be a problem IMHO.
I own just a single winder and almost use it for day/date watches without quickset to keep them up to date when I want to wear them again inner a few days.

Mit freundlichem Gruß/With best regards
Mike
nach oben springen

in Everything Vintage RADO 14.08.2012 15:33
von Henry Krinkle | 60 Beiträge

Nice, congratulations. I have one small winder and I keep my modern Rados init.

Do I spy a GP NCC 505 in that winder?

nach oben springen

in Everything Vintage RADO 14.08.2012 18:32

Yep its a NCC 505 well spotted Henry! :) ;)

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: John Martin
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 101 Themen und 387 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: