1960's mystery World Travel model

in Everything Vintage RADO 21.02.2012 21:20
von Alan Curran

I have a really old Gold World Travel Model that I have not seen before, nor can I find any reference to it. I am wondering if any members can help with identification.

nach oben springen

RE: 1960's mystery World Travel model

in Everything Vintage RADO 24.02.2012 13:36
von mike184 | 149 Beiträge

Hi!

It´s a nice early World Travel, very rare. I´ve seen one before in the date version, got some pics from another visitor of mission-Rado.de:

1 World Travel a
1 World Travel b
1World Travel c

I assume it has a nice 30 jw-AS 1700 automatic movement inside and a bayonet case back. Maybe there is an engraved reference number on the back - if not, I assume it´s 11668. I´ll add your pic to the register.
I hope this helps a bit. Enjoy it and wear it in health!

Mit freundlichem Gruß/With best regards
Mike
zuletzt bearbeitet 29.02.2012 21:45 | nach oben springen

in Everything Vintage RADO 25.02.2012 04:54
von Alan Curran

Hi Mike,

Thanks you for you help, I will attach a copy of the case back. This watch was my deceased uncle's. The back case might be a ringin though as it does not have the rado symdol.

Angefügte Bilder:
WATCH CASE BACK.jpg
nach oben springen

in Everything Vintage RADO 29.02.2012 21:56
von mike184 | 149 Beiträge

Hi!

It must be a very early example of a World Travel from 1958/59. When Rado introduced the new logo typing in 1957 and the new moving anchor logo in 1958, they still used the parts being on stock. So you find some "mixed cases" , e.g. with new logo on dial and old logo on back or - like at this watch - with an unbranded back. It´s surely the original back and not a replaced one as it is a screw down one. The later (and branded) case backs of this World Travel model have a bayonet fixing.

Mit freundlichem Gruß/With best regards
Mike
nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: John Martin
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 101 Themen und 387 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: